Domestic EPC's
Commercial EPCs
Assessor Training
Floor Plans

Domestic Energy Performance Certificates

Energy Performance Certificates (EPC's) are commonplace when buying an electrical appliance such as a fridge or washing machine and as a positive step to reducing how much energy we use to heat our homes, it is a legal requirement to have an EPC completed on properties that are being sold or  offered for rent.

Following the suspension of Home Information Packs, anyone wishing to sell their property must have an Energy Performance Certificate. For rented properties, Landlords must provide and show an EPC to their tenants. 

I am fully qualified and accredited to provide Energy Performance Certificates and discounts are available for Sellers and Landlords with multiple properties.

To complete the Certificate, I will need to undertake a survey of the property which will include measuring the rooms, looking at the heating system and its controls, checking the construction, inspecting the glazing, looking at how many low energy bulbs are installed in the fixed lights (table lights etc. are not included) and checking the levels of insulation in the loft. For Quality Assurance purposes, photographs are also taken of these items.
 It is always useful if any paperwork such as operating manuals, receipts, guarantees, Planning Permissions/Building Regulation Approvals etc. are available at the time of the survey particularly with regards to boilers and insulation and where a room has been formed in the roof.
As an approximate idea of timing, I will generally need between 45 and 90 minutes to complete the survey depending on the size of the property and layout of the rooms.